Jun 7, 2014
Luisa Tosi Ardizzoni (Soprano) (Cento 1882 - Cento 1964)
She studied singing at the Conservatory Rossini in
the pedagogue Bossi. In 1907 she made her debut at the Teatro Comunale of Castelfiorentino
as Mimi in G. Puccini’s ‘’Boheme’’. After her retirement she opened a singing
school in Bologna . Boston
Chronology of some appearances
1907 Castelfiorentino Teatro Comunale Boheme (Mimi)
Theater Pagliacci (Nedda) New
1914 Civitavecchia Teatro Traiano Traviata (Violetta)
• She also studied at the New England Conservatory in Boston, MA
• She moved to Buenos Aires in 1915 with her husband and family.
• She performed at the Teatro Colon in Buenos Aires between 1915 - 1925
• She sang the role of Gilda in Rigoletto.
• She performed in operas with Gigli and Enrico Caruso.
• She died in 1964 in Boston, MA
• She is buried in a Tosi family cemetery in Cento, Italy
I wish to thank Luisa Tosi Claeys for providing me this information